DoTerra’s OnGuard essential oil blend is on my Top 5 EO’s List.
It might even be on the Top 3 List. In fact, my very first essential oil purchase was the equivalent of OnGuard (sold by another EO company, Young Living).
The blend contains cinnamon, clove, wild orange, rosemary and eucalyptus oils, which are known to support the immune system. This combination of oils is reported to have been worn by thieves for protection while robbing dead bodies during the Black Plague in Europe. (Cool, right?) These oils have been studied for their strong abilities to kill harmful bacteria, mold and viruses. [Read more about that here: Fight Germs Naturally with On Guard Protective Blend.]
Read here for over 50 uses of this protective blend.
Read here for more info about OnGuard Protective Blend and other OnGuard products like throat drops, handwash and toothpaste.
Read here to find out how to purchase doTerra products.
A few of our favorite Yankee Homestead uses for OnGuard:
- Sore or scratchy throat: Add 1 drop to warm water, along with 1 drop Lemon Oil and 1 drop Melaleuca Oil and gargle.
- When someone in our home is sick: We all wear it! It helps protect those who are well and aids the “sickie” in fighting off germs. We dilute OnGuard in fractionated coconut oil and apply to the soles of the feet, as well as to pressure points like the wrists and behind the ears. We also diffuse it, to help clear pathogens from the air.
- Hand Sanitizer: The perfect alternative to drying, alcohol-based hand sanitizers! (Hand sanitizers may not be as effective as they claim to be, plus they contain a sketchy chemical called triclosan). Use a tiny spray or squeeze bottle. Add about 10 drops OnGuard and fill the rest of the way with water or fractionated coconut oil. I like to use FCO because it feels more like regular sanitizer and it’s less drying than plain water. (FCO moisturizes the skin). UPDATE: Check out Homemade Hand Sanitizer for more details.
Other posts you might like:
- Why I Use doTerra Essential Oils
- Easy Gift Idea: Homemade Air Freshener (and the dangers of regular air fresheners)
- Should You Get the Flu Shot?
- Zand HerbaLozenges: fight colds and flu naturally!